Friday, January 12, 2007

 

By the time I awaken, I think, there will be snow on the ground.

    This time, each time the storm is forecast, it gets more, rather than less, precipitous. I just missed the latest update, but I'm sure there'll be one before I sign off. Last I noticed, sometime this afternoon, snow was predicted to start around midnight. That didn't happen, although the wind has been raising hell out there for several hours.
    I think I'll wait until tomorrow to report the stats. I managed to get her up before 1300, today. Very little resistance. She remained up until midnight, light out at 0030. Average nap, about an hour.
    I've decided to use up the rest of the holiday baking supplies, or at least as many as I can, over the next few days. I started baking today with a loaf of banana bread, featuring bananas that had begun to turn winey. That should be interesting bread.
    Much of the baking will be quick breads that can be sliced and frozen, but I also bought apples for an apple pie and I promised my mother to back a batch of some sort of cookie and some sort of brownie. I don't think we'll have a problem with either.
    Ah. Okay. Nope, it's clear, although I see a little green floating down in the rotation. Okay...yeah, it's supposed to snow all day, starting prior to 0600. Yes! Predicted high: 36. Chances of precip: 40%-70%-40%. Nothing yet about expected inches, but we'll certainly get the Christmas Card effect. Perfect for baking. I'll probably exist in tights and my favorite lined flannel shirt over the next few days. As well, despite the hour at which I'm retiring, I'll bet I'm up early...and will probably make a brave attempt to go with as little sleep as possible over the next few days, maybe catching cat naps here and there.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?