Tuesday, January 9, 2007

 

For my latest post that should have been here...

...click here. I seem to be more intimate in that journal than here, lately. Not sure how long that will last.
    I'm actually having some fun, somber fun, that is, since I am always aware that I indulge in my own interests and activities at an imagined slight to my mother and her life. Sometimes, though, I just can't help it. I've been organizing my new web effort. How far I'll get with it remains to be seen. Lately, say, within the last couple of months or so, I've been regularly scanning news trackers for articles about old age, all aspects of it. I'll run across stories, have thoughts, then forget to post them in the main journal. Anyway, I thought, if I organized the effort of responding to them in a companion journal, my responsiveness might become easier and more satisfying. I've been ploughing through international news trackers and sources, lately. I've just about decided I'll limit the entries to one story per day. I'll pick one that sparks my highest interest. I'm sure I won't read every story that comes through; the Google tracker, alone, sends me long lists a couple of times a day on stories mentioning "elder" and "old age". I've since subscribed to a few others. So far, just trying to figure out how to keep up with those, chose an article and write my reactions in one day, every day, and attend to everything else is a challenge. But, you know, we'll see how it goes. The website it set up but I'm not "publicizing" it yet because there is nothing there but a few test messages. Handsome layout, though. It will, for the time being, be a Blogspot blog, so I've been using (and familiarizing myself) with the new skins/widget concept of blog design.
    I think The Little Girl (our senior cat) is protesting me letting Mom sleep in so long. So, maybe I'd better consider getting Mom up a little earlier today.
    Anyway, just thought I'd check in.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?