Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

I know, it looks like I'm making up for all that sleep...

...doesn't it?!? Could be. The other reason I'm up is that I re-"drew" the HTML for the Alternate Label Index and added comments to it as trackers so I can find my way around more easily as I input my old cataloguing system. It took me quite awhile to rewrite it, but once I finished and couldn't resist "trying it out". Runs like a dream.
    I expect that eventually I'll combine the two indexes, since they catalogue different material. And, I have a feeling I'll be generating new entries in both systems, although, I have to say, my preference is for the Alternate Label Index. I think it's easier to find things there, and much easier to get a sense of what the main journal contains. I actually had some sense when I indexed my work, here, in preparation for a, well, hmmm...a sort of Table of Contents Index. As well, the items in the Entry column are targeted to the sentence where the pertinent material begins and will take you there, assuming that the target doesn't end up in the last paragraph or two of the archive. It has occurred to me to change the targets for those to which this happens to page anchored targets, rather than archive anchored targets. That'll come later, though. Much, I expect.
    Yes, I took stats yesterday, just haven't entered them yet. No, I didn't take stats today, and, no, it wasn't another sleep day, in fact I've been going strong since 0600 this morning. Mom went strong from about 1300 to 0045 this morning.
    Something I want to mention in the hopes I'll remember to elaborate: I'm noticing that I have apparently made a decision, sometime within the last couple of months, that I am going to allow my desires to direct our life substantially more, and with substantially more aforethought, than I have in the past 13 years. I can't tell you exactly what this will mean, except that I'm not going to stumble into "vacations" or "steal" them anymore, for one. I'm also not planning on neglecting Mom, nor have I changed my position on outside help. But, you know, it's been occurring to me over the last few months that the situation my mother and I have here is the conjoining of two people's lives; it is not a master-slave relationship in which the master and slave agree that all matters pertaining to the master's life trump all matters pertaining to the slave's life and the slave is, well, fundamentally alive at the behest of the master. In a way, I guess you could say, our life incorporates certain reversals of this scenario.
    The days remain cold and bright. The cats remain warm and sweet (even the cat who isn't as sweet as we thought). The Mom remains, well, extraordinary, as always. I remain.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?