Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 

I purchased an unusual and extravagant bed ensemble...

...for Mom, yesterday. She's thrilled with it, and clearly giving it a work-out. I checked in on her at 1300 and she asked for another hour, then slipped her head beneath the luxurious quilt. I am in complete empathy. Nothing is quite so satisfying, if you enjoy sleep, than a well-appointed bed. Every time she entered her room yesterday, and, she enters it a fair amount looking for things that she never finds, she was delightedly distracted by the new bed ensemble.
    Since it is usually necessary, when she leaks through at night (which is happening less rather than more, lately...which is nice), to wash all her bedding, including covers, this will remain only one of her ensembles, but I can already see that it will be good for pleasant conversation for some time to come, every time it appears on her bed. I love doing this!
    Anyway, we're coming up on The Awakening Hour, so I'm gonna git, but I wanted to mention this. I'm just so tickled about it! Benevolent Being is, indeed, a hallmark of Ancienthood.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?