Monday, January 15, 2007

 

I should probably make an official announcement:

    To those of you who receive me by feed, I have begun inserting the markers for the alternate label index. Thus, I publish, now, well, hmmm...probably 20 times a day, if not more? You might consider taking me off feed. It's a fairly safe bet that if I miss a present day of posting, I'll mention it in arrears and a long absence will probably be announced ahead of time.
    Although the indexing/labeling/whatever you want to call it, is going swimmingly, especially since, right after I started, [No Longer Beta] Blogger updated their old Blogger servers, which helped me tremendously, since, being an ftp client, I'm being served by the old servers; whew...are you following me? Thus, publication time is cut in half.
    As it turns out, too, I was much more judicious in the old system. The fact that I ended up with somewhere between one and two thousand targets has more to do, I'm discovering, with amount of material than cataloguing technique. For me, as it turns out, I was very spare and direct. As I go, I may convert the current label index to the old one. I don't know. There are, as I mentioned well over a thousand targets to input.
    I don't have to read each post, though, which is nice. All I have to do is search for the html indicating indexing targets. I can see where a one page index may soon become unwieldy, as well, so, as I go, I may separate that index into split alphabet sections.
    I don't know why I have an affinity for elaborate cataloguing systems, even of my own work. I guess I inherited an active nerd gene from someone, although I can't think who. I think MCS inherited it. Come to think of it, Mom's dead brother may have been a nerd; a troubled nerd, but a nerd, nonetheless, considering that he taught himself anesthesiology, backed by a doctorate of Pharmaceutical Sciences degree. Was Dad a nerd? No. He was a clean means to a clean end kind of guy. Mom certainly isn't a nerd. She likes repetitious, mildly stimulating mental play, though.

Bizarre Confession:  Mom and I slept almost all day yesterday. It started when, maybe an hour or so before I "should" have gotten Mom up, I decided to bask in the living room sun; once again sure that I'd be up by 1400. Well, I probably was, at some point, up at 1400. However, a luxurious, rocking ocean of sleep overtook me. It would start, each spasm, that is, with me warming in the sun and thinking about Guam, where it was not uncommon for me to sun myself someplace in the boonies or even in one of our yards, observe the clouds, let my thoughts drift and fall asleep. Thus, I fell back into sleep several times yesterday afternoon through yesterday evening. Apparently, my mother slept right through. We both awoke, finally, at 1800, almost on the nose. I'll enter those stats I remember over at the stat site. Mom got a varied set of pills in, not her complete second set. We got in a hearty breakfast. Food was eaten, later, but no formal meals. I, frankly, can't remember what was eaten, later. All chores, our entire day, started at 1800 yesterday.
    I'm a little uncomfortable about this, of course, considering that I'm the one who's been leading the frequent marches into sleep. Wonderful sleep, I have to admit, but possibly debilitating, for Mom, at least. She's enjoying it, of course.
    Yesterday Mom did not have a nap, obviously. Never even asked about one. No stats either, of course. She remained up through the first half of the second showing of last night's episode of The L Word. So far, neither of us is particularly taken with this season, despite the promise. The "Papi" story is a little lame, and I'm afraid it's going to add a bum leg to the "Shane" story. Mom said, last night, "Not as much sex."
    "Are you sorry about that?" I teased.
    I don't think she heard me, because she nodded as she barely glanced at me. I noticed there was a naked breast on the screen. Maybe she did hear me.
    We're still watching, but we're hoping for better and looking forward to the new season of Big Love and the premiere of The Tudors. Face it. We're slick trash junkies.
    We both forgot about rubbing down her legs until she was in the bathroom. She wasn't interested.
    I'm aware that my sleeping, which is pushing her sleeping quotient high than usual, may be debilitating for her. I'm not sure what to do about it. It's as though I have this sleeping sickness. Of course, when I analyzed what images I used to drift back into sleep, I realized they are all escapist images.
    Guess I'd better work on getting myself together, here. There's stuff to do, places to go, people to see...
    Not sure about today, though. Obviously, at this point, we're pushing on toward 1500. I was up much earlier today, have had a pleasant, quiet, relaxed, productive period. Hmmm...I guess the rules will be two: Awaken Mom at 1500 if she hasn't already awakened; NO NAPS FOR THE CAREGIVER!"
    I probably should have done a few errands this morning, but I didn't, willfully, and we'll do fine without them.
    Luckily, I don't feel like a nap, today.
    later.

Comments:
Originally posted by Karma: Tue Jan 16, 02:05:00 PM 2007

I imagine that the Papi story was a one episode deal. No fear. I love that they're challenging the idea though that women are super monogamous (and more so then men) and that women don't like sex.

Getting so much sleep may your body's way of trying to tell you something and/or a sign of something. Don't forget that you have to take care of you too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?