Friday, March 30, 2007

 

Never say never.

    Not that I ever said, "Never," but my intention, as some of my regular readers know, has been to try to focus away from Alzheimer's caregiving, lately. Today, though, I was solicited by Kathy Hatfield, who began a blog, KnowItAlz.com Blog in January of this year focusing on taking care of her father, who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and remains, at this time, in the early stages. I read through it and, once again, I'm impressed. She is relentlessly positive, which I know many people find helpful, she writes short, clean posts and her observed goal is to load her journal with practical, inspirational tips and suggestions culled from her own life. She is extremely successful in this endeavor. She also has a gift for finding the light type of humor in her caregiving adventure with her father.
    I'm adding it to my Honorable Alzheimer's Blogs, although this one, as does my first entry in Honorable Caregiver Blogs, has duel applications. As well, Kathy is particularly well versed in the support group area, so her blog is a good place to start if you're looking for information about support groups. She has even linked to a chat support that looks promising for those of you who find support groups valuable.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?