Wednesday, May 23, 2007

 

I think I might be on vacation...

...but I'm not sure. Over the last few days I've been incredibly hazy. Old inside family jokes about strong backs and weak minds have been plaguing my thoughts. My body has seemed okay...thriving, in fact, while I've been doing yard work; achey, but, within hours, ready to go out and dig another hole or squat over a few more unwanted weeds. I've noticed my wandering mind, though, easily irritated by things I usually ignore, like intermittent buzzes made by old fans...yesterday I found myself riveted by the almost nonexistent ticking of the washer's soak cycle.
    This morning, I awoke in a strange fog out of a dream featuring me in a fog. My body seems to finally be following my mind, today. I can't seem to get going. So, I've got to figure, it's vacation time. Shouldn't bother Mom, too much. She's been in a slow cycle over the last few days, too, although I managed to coax her out yesterday, even though it was a little cooler than she likes, to admire the new leaves on the roses and the bright blue delphinium, which is flourishing after Saturday's planting.
    I can't even seem to get through a couple paragraphs of reading out loud, which is one of our shared favorite evening activities. Neither of us is interested in focusing. Seems like I had plans for today, but I can't remember, now, what they are.
    Oh well. Guess I'll just float downstream. Hope we don't hit any rapids. I feel as though it would be fine with me if we were dashed against rocks.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?