Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

Thought it might be a good idea to mention...

...that the lack of writing here isn't, at this time, anyway, indicative of problems, internal or external. A couple of projects have been monopolizing Mom's and my time and interest:    So, life is busy, and good, Mom is doing well, I'm doing well, we're multiply engaged and I'm continuing to maintain a light touch when it comes to monitoring her, which pleases her and keeps me from obsessing over circumstances of aging about which nothing can be done.
    Later.

Comments:
Originally posted by egrlerg: Fri May 18, 09:57:00 AM 2007

I saw Faith Without Fear on PBS too and thought it was great. I'm gonna have to check out Manji's book too!


Originally posted by Mona Johnson: Sat May 19, 05:45:00 PM 2007

Gail, glad to hear you're busy. I'm amazed at the intellectual life you and your mom have, and suspect I couldn't keep up!


Originally posted by Karma: Sun May 20, 01:55:00 PM 2007

Sounds like you're doing well - the both of you!


Originally posted by Granny J: Mon May 21, 06:17:00 AM 2007

Is that something special that you actually have soil? I have to do two kinds of gardening: the bright, annual flowers (which I love) that all go in pots -- and the plants I actually put into the ground. Almost all of those are native and they know how to send roots down through the decayed granite to find a crack in the underlying rock where a touch of moisture might lurk. Penstemons, evening primrose, New Mexico Locust, stuff like that.
And how I envy you a mother that you can discuss Islam with. Gardening I can share... intellectual pursuits I almost never could, at any time in the past.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?