Friday, June 22, 2007

 

I usually, with a bit of thought, know the day of the week.

    I sometimes know the day of the month, although often, when I think I know it, I'm a day or two behind. I always know the month, and the year. I also have a sense of connection throughout my days so that I know if I'm awakening from a nap into "today" or if I've slipped past the date line and "today" is "tomorrow". I mention this because Mom's been especially tired, today, probably winding down from the visit, about which she continues to talk. She's taking her second nap as I type. It's been a long one and I haven't interfered. I know she's rousing because The Little Girl has exited her bedroom, which she does when Mom becomes restless in bed just before arising. The Little Girl isn't in the hall, though, just outside of Mom's bedroom. She's in the meatloaf position in the foyer, half way between Mom and me. So she's expected Mom to take awhile to rouse. When Mom arises, I'm expecting her to think it's tomorrow morning, even though the digital clock clearly says "8:12", it's dark out and I think Mom is aware of the season, now. We'll have a light hearted argument about what day of the week it is and what hour of the day, thus, what we should be doing. She won't believe me. We may end up having breakfast tonight for dinner, although I'm hoping we'll have chicken quesedillas.
    I managed to take care of most errands, the important ones, anyway, that require business office access, today. I've got a few early things to do tomorrow morning, but I think it will be a laid back weekend.
    Costco is no longer selling the Convair Millenia Advantage, or any other truly portable evaporative cooler. That's okay. Despite a hot weekend in the valley, it's been nice here, inside and out. Haven't gotten Mom out, yet. We've had a spate of very windy days. She looks out the living room psuedo cathedral windows, watches the top of our bird shit tree flail for a minute or so, shivers and says, "No thanks. You can go out. I'll watch from in here."
    Life has been good, busy, yes, but easy, syrupy. We aren't getting in each other's way, either. It's nice.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?