Thursday, June 28, 2007

 

Today is one of those days when I'm smelling...

...my mother's urine on me, even though I know I have none one me. It started before she awoke this morning, while I was running errands. After her bath I took yet another shower and changed clothes. She's been down for a couple of hours; I've looked in on her but haven't approached further than a few feet, and yet, just a minute ago, I got a whiff of her as I turned.
    I wonder if it is related, somehow, either as an effect or a cause, to the following conversation I had with one of my sisters today about Mom's upcoming party period. She confirmed her intention to be there, with MPNC, MPNP also intending to come, on Saturday. She talked about everyone's care at making sure they don't get in my hair. I thanked her and went on to clarify for her that I don't mind all the company we can fit into the days...Mom's will be thrilled with it. I just have four rules:
  1. Motels for everyone at night;
  2. Don't use my household appliances (I've had problems with resettings after company leaves);
  3. Don't attempt to manage my (yes, I said "my") home;
  4. You adapt, we don't.
    MPS seemed relieved to hear my very distinct, very succinct requests. I swear, I should have voiced them quickly and with authority years ago, but, years ago I honestly hadn't given it enough thought to know what I need from company. Anyway, it's clear and easy, now. I hear Mom's reconnaissance cough. I also mentioned something else, on which I'll report...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?