Wednesday, July 11, 2007

 

One down, two to go.

    Of the three families that are considering coming here to celebrate Mom's 90th birthday, one has declined: Work obligations combined with distance. Oddly, I'm, well, unaffected. I've remained extremely mellow about this get together; what a welcome difference from years past! So, I can handle just about any change, including the extremely remote possibility that we won't have any celebratory company.
    And, I'm finding myself at loose ends, today; a state of mood, not a state of activities clamoring for my attention. I started attempting to rouse Mom at 1300. Although she retired relatively early, around 0030, she was up twice to go to the bathroom, the last time at 0230. At that point, I decided to retire, regardless. Her bedroom light remained on and I heard her rifling through the contents of her bedstand, trying to decide what book to read, probably. I was asleep when her light finally went out. I have no idea how long she was up. Anyway, tried again at 1330, when she said, "Just let me sleep. I'm letting her go until 1430, then I'll probably insist.
    She's already becoming reirritated with that stat-taking routine! I'm finding it funny, really. When it was a surprise to her, she was able to relax sufficiently to have her BP taken. Within a couple of days, though, it's become on irritant. Her irritated BP on the elevated dose of lisinopril, though, isn't worrisome. So, I'll probably schlep back to taking BP every other day, or when it seems likely I'll get a good one. Today, I think, would not be a good day to bother her with stats, at least when she arises.
    Oh, my I hear her reconnaissance cough! Hmmm...well, maybe she's ready.
    Later.

Comments:
Originally posted by Patty McNally Doherty: Fri Jul 13, 12:07:00 PM 2007

Something that could work for the out-of-town, can't-get-there friends and family, would be to get each of them to write a few paragraphs on why your mother means what she does to them. You could ask all kinds of people to contribute, write out the responses, with pictures if you have them, bind the side of it and there will be a wonderful book to read out loud at the party.

Just a thought - I've been thinking a lot about memories lately. We should make more of the ones we've got, no?

Patty
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?